Wednesday, October 1, 2008



Ooooookaaayyyyy!!!!!

Back in effect & back to blogging (my own "non-jacked" version that is....). So we've been on the road again these past few weeks. Here's how it went down:

Edmonton
Yes...again! We headed west to do a show at our E-Town residency, Diesel Ultra Lounge. The show was BANANAS, I drank an entire bottle of Grey Goose, and I didn't end the night with my head in the toilet. BONUS! That was Friday. Saturday we attended our good homie's wedding & reception. I was supposed to spin a set, but we got to drinkin, stopped thinkin, and I'm not quite sure why I never ended up behind the decks. (I'm REALLY NOT as much of an alcoholic as it may seem, but my better stories always seem to involve drinking....go figure :p) Good times had by all! After all that, we flew back just in time to head straight to Century Room to spin again.

Home (temporarily)
Was only home for 3 days b4 heading back on the road, but I made GREAT use of that time. Spun another AWESOME set at Rockwood on Monday (where Toronto Raptors homies Chris Bosh, Joey Graham & Chris Humphries all showed up to party), chilled out & watched a CALIFORNICATION Marathon (my new favorite show) on Tuesday, and on Wednesday I went to see SANTOGOLD perform alongside some dope new acts LOW VS DIAMOND, and LET'S GO TO WAR. PLUS A-TRAK did a surprise DJ set. WICKED WICKED show! Thurs, off to....

Winnipeg
Actually, Shorts & I flew into Winnipeg, but then were drivin directly to Brandon, Manitoba by our new homie DJ IIIzERO (that's 3-Zero) where we did a show at a spot called Houston's. Pretty damn country if I do say so myself...and I definitely do! Want another drinking story? Countless double screwdrivers, 2 McDonald's Bibs & yes...my head in the toilet. Uggghhh!

Next day we headed back to Winnipeg, went to the Bluebombers Game (Errol's 1st CFL game experience), and the tore a whole in VIBE NIGHTCLUB! Big shouts to Bobby The Coach and of course Paxton! Also big shouts to FORT APPAREL who hooked us up with some dope gear, which we rocked at this show.

On Saturday we had the pleasure of eating at one of our favorite restaurants, OLIVE GARDEN!!!! Yes they still have OG in Manitoba, and other provinces...just no more Ontario locations :( After that, we did it up inside BLUSH ULTRALOUNGE. What an awesome venue! They ate our shit up (not literally) & we'll definitely be back there! GIGANTIC SHOUTS to our homie FIN-S who orchestrated this 3 day adventure!

Sunday....back home once again to Century Room....but not without a hitch. Our 9am flight to Toronto was cancelled at the last minute, so we had to wait til 3pm for the next one. Spent the entire day in the airport. WEAK SAUCE!

Monday, ROCKWOOD again w/ a drop in by SHAE from N.E.R.D (no Pharrell....sucks, I know), along with Fam Lay from the Star Trak camp, Common's DJ (DJ Dummy) and some more of their peeps. Was an INSANE party as always.

This week is mad busy so prob won't hear back from me until next week. And guess what...RAPTORS PRE-SEASON starts in exactly 1 WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming up, got another road trip out West with stops in Red Deer, Edmonton (incl Raptors Pre-Season game at Rexall Place) & Calgary. Then Shorts will be heading home while I head to New Westminster & Vancouver for a couple solo shows!

Some more BIG shows coming up in the near future too! Stay tuned.

Btw, here's this week's schedule:

Wed - Town Shoes In-Store (5-8pm)
Wed -Atelier
Thurs - Town Shoes In-Store (12-2:30pm)
Thurs - Body English
Fri - Lot 332
Sun - Century Room

Here are pics from everything I just wrote:















GOT FACEBOOK?

Join our group page: 4KORNERS

Til next time....

K.K.