Monday, October 6, 2008

NEW HAWTNESS: The Ting Tings


Greetings people,

It's been a while since I've dropped some music knowledge on y'all, so here it is. This is a group that I'm REALLY FEELING right now, hailing from Salford in the UK. (Note: If u click on all my links, my blog posts are even MORE educational than you think ;);) ) They're name, THE TING TINGS. The band consists of 2 members, Jules De Martino (drums, guitar, vocals) and Katie White (vocals, guitar, bass drum).

I'll admit, I didn't quite discover them until they just a few months ago, but I feel like I should have known about them from jump. SOOOO much music, so little time, soooo I figured I'd share them with all of you, b/c I know not every knows about them yet. DOing my lil part to support what I feel is GOOD MUSIC. Anyway, they have a great following overseas & is rapidly building over here in North America. Their vibe is kinda indie rock / pop type music and the electronic scene has taken a great liking to them, with some hot producers remixing some of their tracks for the clubs.

Rather than me rant and rave about how much I love this band, I'll let u meet them out for yourself & form your own opinion. Let me BE CLEAR on this....he he....when I post my thoughts & opinions, I'm merely sharing what I feel. I urge all of you to take in whatever info you receive, whether from me or anywhere else, and form YOUR OWN OPINION on it. It's ot good just b/c I say it's good. Well....it is...but at least decide to like it b/c you like it, not b/c i told u that you should like it. Be a Shepherd, not a Sheep (aka a leader, not a follower).

That said, (fakk...why am I being so preachy lately....Do I really have THAT much of a problem with the Status Quo and the nature of humans?....i digress lol)....ok ok, I totally dig the entire album "WE STARTED NOTHING" but the cuts that I've been specifically dropping in the clubs are:

- That's Not My Name
- Great DJ
- Shut Up & Let Me Go

....all of which I have DOPE remixes of. BIG shouts to the homie KLEVER from Atlanta who 1st introduced me to The Ting Tings by playing the Calvin Harris rmx of Great DJ. SICKKKKKKK track!

Anyway, if you so choose you can Google those track titles, peep their MYSPACE etc & check the band out for yourself.

Here's my favorite Ting Tings video, SHUT UP & LET ME GO! (NOTE: This song was even used in an Apple iPod TV commercial)

Think Free & Enjoy!




BONUS VID:

The video was DOPE right??? Here's THE MAKING of the video. BLADOW!



Peace til next time,

K.K.