Tuesday, December 23, 2008

And the winner is....



Heyyyy,

I've never been one for awards, but it is a good feeling to be recognized by your peers. I'm saying this because last night we won our 2nd DJ award this year. If you remember, in the summer we won 2008 CANADIAN CLUB DJ of the YEAR at the Stylus DJ Awards. I'm gonna be honest and say I did NOT expect to win that award. But we did and everyone, both in & out of the biz, all congratulated us on some "You guys deserve this" tip, which was mad cool.

Aaaanyway, last night the TORONTO NIGHTCLUB AWARDS took place and we were fortunate enough to take home the title of 2008 BEST TORONTO DJ (Urban). Cool beans! I've said it again & again, we DO NOT consider ourselves to be "Urban" DJs, but considering the other category was BEST HOUSE DJ, it only makes sense that we'd be lumped into the Urban category.

All in all, we're thankful to all that voted, all who support & encourage us in what we do, everyone who's helped us along the way directly or indirectly and I'd personally like to thank my partner Short Sirkit for going every step of the way with me on this journey. It's not always easy, but we are extremely passionate about what we do, put in ALOT of hours and always focus on improvement. He pushes me just as much as I push him, and that's why it works.

We don't do what we do to win awards, but we are definitely appreciative of the acknowledgment.

On behalf of myself & Shorts,

Thank you!

P.S. I wish we actually got a championship belt instead of a trophy! Aww well....